Why MBS matters
Chances are, if you’re in an origin-centric region such as the Middle East and Africa (MEA), you’ll check where the product is made from. Call it industry standard or tradition, product origin for sure can “make or break” a potential sale.
Is it from Japan?
Yes, most salesmen encounter this question every single day. But why?
For those who are new to the MEA region’s business culture, all evolves on trust and longstanding relations.
For decades now, Japanese products have created a strong following due to their durability and innovation just like MBS, a bearing brand known worldwide for its quality bearings for automotive and industrial machineries.
MBS at a Glance
Owned by MAEKAWA BEARING MFG Co., Ltd., the MBS brand has since expanded its range from tapered roller bearings (TRB) to include wheel bearings, angular contact ball bearings, and cylindrical roller bearings to name a few.
Headed today by President Kazuyoshi Maekawa, it takes pride in having achieved 70% of its production using the latest technology with a touch of Japanese craftsmanship to serve the needs of top global brands such as Toyota, GM, Ford, Renault, Nissan, Mazda, Volvo, Mercedes-Benz, and Volkswagen.
- 1933 MAEKAWA BEARING MFG Co., Ltd., was founded by Hikoji Maekawa in Osaka, Japan
- 1943 Operation stopped temporarily due to World War II
- 1951 The company has changed into a corporation and manufactured Japan’s first tapered roller bearings
- 1959 Started ball bearing production
- 1960 Initiated the production of HONDA Motorcycle 250cc roller bearings for crank-shaft assembly
- 1966 Started manufacturing HONDA Automotive Vehicle Roller bearings for crank-shaft assembly
- 1988 Became SKF’s OEM supplier of TRB and wheel hub
- 1998 Began supplying to NIPPON THOMPSON (IKO)
- 2000 Became the supplier of reducer bearings to NIDEC-SHIMPO Co
- 2002 Established aftermarket sales in Korea for the automotive and construction industry as well as other special bearings
- 2007 Started supplying special bearings for Sumitomo Heavy Industry’s (SHI) Cyclo reducer
“ONLY ONE”, “NUMBER ONE”
With its Zero Defect Principle, MAEKAWA BEARING MFG Co., Ltd. envisions itself as the “ONLY ONE”, “NUMBER ONE” bearing specialist in the industry as it continuously expands its strong market base not just locally but in 40 countries worldwide.
That’s the power of MBS –made from the Land of the Rising Sun!